Who doesn't like a costume touch of nostalgia? After several days of recovering locked-up journals, revisiting my favorite after-school cartoons, and a whole lot of nostalgic tears, here are 12 old cartoon Halloween costumes with curly hair you can try this coming Halloween!
12 Old Cartoon Halloween Costumes with Curly Hair
1. Nani Pelekai from Lilo & Stitch
Nani was the definition of a Hawaiian baddie! Her thick hair and gestures were everything. Everyone rooted for Nani and David. Maybe, it was their realistic relationship or how David was perfect boyfriend material, either way, their relationship was super underrated. Throughout Lilo & Stitch, Nani proves how much she loves her sister, Lilo, and does everything she can to keep custody of her. There were so many sweet moments in the movie but I reckon the sweetest was when Nani lied to Lilo that her boss was a vampire, instead of guilt-tripping her for causing her boss to fire her. All she wanted was for Lilo to be happy and her ohana(family) to stay together.
2. Numbah Five from Kids Next Door
3. Iridessa, the Light fairy from Tinkerbell
4. Stormy from Winx
5. Goo from Foster's home for imaginary kids
6. Ashley Tomassian from Recess
Although she was quiet, Ashley Tomassian AKA Ashley T. was equally as "snotty" and "bitty" as the 3 Ashley's in the "Snotty Britty club" (according to Spinelli ). But the Armenian-American, Ashley T, was the smartest out of the clique. Although the Ashley clique were pro-bullies, they didn't follow the typical mean girl group dynamic. There were no superiors or inferiors, leaders or followers, they were all equal.
7. The Muses in Hercules
- Thalia, the muse of comedy, is the shortest and the mischievous one of the five.
- Melpomene, the muse of tragedy, carries a tragedy mask and has waist-long curly hair.
- Calliope, the leader, and muse of epic poetry has high hair held up with a headband.
- Clio, the muse of history. carries a scroll and has a ponytail with a front bun.
- Terpsichore, the muse of dance, has six loose Bantu knots that bounce when she dances.
Their hair health and length is everyone's curly hair goals.
8. Roxanne from the Goofy Movie
9. Ashley Boulet from Recess
10. Monique from Kim Possible
11. Ginger Foutley from As Told by Ginger
Ginger was the perfect comfort show. After a day of school or the 30 minutes grace of TV before bedtime, it was Ginger Foutley I wanted to watch. Her voice and the general vibe of the show were calming. I can never forget her graduation speech and dramatic butterfly ending. She has medium length thick ginger hair, long lashes, blush and pink lipstick.
12. Regina Rocket from Rocket power
Reggie made me beg my mom for rollerblades all through elementary school! Her unreserved and adventurous spirit matched perfectly with her short curly purple bob. Reggie wore a pink shirt with a rocket logo, camou cargo pants and red sneakers. Don't forget to touch up the outfit with red shades and some roller blades. To get purple hair without commitment, opt for purple hair paint wax from Curlfit!
We hope one of these cartoon Halloween costumes tickled your inner child! Is there an old cartoon character you want to see on this list? Tell us in the comments below!