Halloween is finally around the corner and we're thinking of bigger, more iconic, more realistic, and brighter costumes this 2022, especially with hair colors!
There are so many types of temporary hair colors to choose from! But to ace your hair color game, you have to use the hair color best for your hair type and desired look. Here are the 6 most popular temporary hair color options for Halloween and their pros and cons, so you know which is right for you!
Temporary hair color options for Halloween
1. Hair Chalk
Hair chalks are popularly used for kids because of their pastel hues and easy application. You can get hair chalk as a compact, comb or pen, either way, it is best used for colored streaks or highlights. The final results of hair chalk are usually blotchy, faint, ashy, and dry.
Cons of Hair Chalk:
- As mentioned above, most hair chalks deposit a subtle color and require a lot to show on dark hair. This is why they are usually used for streaks, instead of full color.
- Most hair chalks maintain the blackboard chalk formula with a pigment. So they soak up moisture in your hair, resulting in a hard and dry finish.
- It also does not accentuate your curl pattern.
2. Temporary Hair Color Wax/creams & gels
3. Color Spray
Temporary hair color spray is a quick last-minute option. With several spritzes, your hair is a new color!
Cons of Colored hair spray:
- Hair sprays contain harsh chemicals that can damage hair, especially for children.
- It isn't curly hair friendly because it is designed to color flat surfaces (like straight hair) and will just result in a blotchy finish. Curly hair has dimension and would require a lot of hair spray and effort to get an even finish.
Wigs are the best alternatives to hair color wax. Apart from being easy to wear, they come in different colors, styles, and lengths to fit your Halloween look.
Cons of Wigs: Wigs are usually expensive for just a single use. Most wigs provided for Halloween are synthetic wigs because they are cheaper but they usually look unrealistic.
5. Semi-permanent hair dye
Hairstyles you can remake for Halloween with Curlfit hair makeup
We had over a hundred Iconic costume ideas for you but here are our top 10 favorite ones!
1. Gwen from Total Drama Island
Who can forget Gwen from the hit series Total Drama Island?! She was the goth queen and a great leader too! If you were/are a cartoon network kid, then you would know Gwen's signature green highlights anywhere. Gwen's hair was a straight short bob with dark green stripes.
Things you would need: dark green Curlfit hair makeup
2. Eunice from Hotel Transylvania
3. Corpse Bride
4. Lady and the tramp
We don't know about you but we vote Lady the most beautiful non-human character to exist! This 1955 classic, based on a book by Ward Green, gave the genre of romance a whole different direction! The lady and the tramp is the perfect Halloween costume for couples!
How to get the look: Lady's ears is a deep copper color. You can tie your hair into pigtails and use Copper hair makeup from Curlfit's array of colors.
For the tramp, you can color your hair grey with grey Curlfit hair makeup. You can also purchase grey dog ears to make it more iconic!
5. Merida from Brave
7. Pebbles & Bamm-Bamm
Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm brought the Rubble and Flinstone family even closer after their marriage. This is the perfect classic Halloween costume for couples and is super convenient if you have short hair.
BTW, we think their union was kind of obvious from the onset.
8. A Mushroom Fairy
9. Sisudatu from Raya and the Dragon
10. Cruella from 1001 dalmatians
If you have a fur rug and a black dress in your wardrobe, consider purchasing white hair makeup to turn those items into a Cruella look! Cruella has the iconic half-toned hairstyle in a short spiky bob.
Things you would need: white hair makeup
11. Wendell & Wicked
We hope this blog helped you decide on the best temporary hair color for your Halloween look! What costume do you have in mind for Halloween 2022? Tell us in the comments below!