Application Deadline: 20th November, 2021
Curlfit is a Nigerian based gen Z powered lifestyle brand that produces innovative products for women with Wavy, Curly and Kinky hair. We started in 2019 and are currently bootstrapped. Visit our website : curlfit.net to learn more about us
About this role
Our content marketer will be responsible for managing our blog and outreach channels (email, sms and whatsapp) to meet our marketing goals.
As a content marketer we expect this person to be up-to-date with the latest hair care and social media trends. They should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our companies views creatively.
This role is perfect for smart, talented people that are looking to fast-track their knowledge in SEO, content and email marketing.
- Conceptualize and lead the creation of compelling written content for our Blog and Email channels.
- Scheduling out written content in our brand voice for our sms and whatsapp channels on a weekly basis to align with our business goals and objectives. (roughly 1 per week).
- Ability to plan ahead and be forward thinking about upcoming Email and text marketing needs surrounding launches, seasonal efforts, or “national days” of celebration.
What makes you perfect for this role?
- Demonstrated ability to work with and through people to achieve results
- Being curious and always seeking to improve
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work well in a team and independently
- Thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, be flexible and take on new job duties
- You can have 0 months to 2 years of experience. We don't really care if you've done this before, we want to see what you can do.
- You're a really good writer - you love to write and your haters can never say anything bad about your writing.
- You're technical enough to use the internet to find the answer to any question.
At Curlfit we are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, religion, tribe, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, genetics or disability.
We have a 2-step interview process (case study and interview) and we're invested in hiring the best candidates. If you think this is not for you, you don't need to apply.
This position is full-time and remote.
How To Apply
Please complete the assessments below.
You will need to answer the questions in a google document and share the link with us.
Please share the document with view permissions before sending it to our email: email@example.com with the subject line "Content Marketing Role"
Include a profile of your marketing skills (if any) and some of the impressive things you've used them for. If you don't think you've done something impressive with the skill still mention it. we're interested in knowing.
Lastly, include any additional information you would like us to know in your email like your CV, Twitter or Instagram handle and the answer to this problem “2 x 2 = ?”
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
A client runs an online makeup store and wants to hire you as an email marketer to help improve repeat purchase rate.
If you can only create 1 email, which email would you create, why would you create it, and give me the subject line you'll use?
Hint: Makeup products finish and they need to be replenished.
You’re asked to write an email busting a hair care myth. Write a short and engaging newsletter busting a myth and include the subject line you will use.
You can select any topic and myth to use in this email. However, please make it as short and engaging as possible.
Sample subject lines for Busting hair care myths
Subject line: Should you be drying your hair with a T-shirt?
Subject line: Oils are bad for your hair : Myth or fact?